August 1, 2013

Currently.

Hello August! I'm linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade today to share this month's currently.


listening: to Jimmy Fallon. My husband and I recently go into watching Jimmy Fallon episodes on Hulu. Right now, it's on in the background while I can't up on the day's blogs.

loving: I am absolutely loving these summer days where I can wake up whenever I want and get moving at my own pace.  My days have been filled with days by the pool, dinners & lunches with friends, and yes, some planning & creating, but it's all at my own pace.

thinking: I just can't stop thinking about my classroom.  Last year I switch schools (after being in the same classroom for five years!) so I was kind of working with what was already there.  But, after a year of that, I have figured out how I want my room to be set up and I'm ready to make bigger changes.

wanting: I'm really wanting these next few weeks to creep by slowly.  Yes, I'm excited to paint and organize my classroom, but I'm just not ready for reality to set back in.  Back to school also means my last year of grad school, so I'm soaking up these last few weeks  of relaxation (& a trip to Chicago!) before the crazy starts again.

needing: As mentioned above, bigger changes are happening in my classroom this year, painting being a major part of it.  My school still has old chalkboards that surround the room (don't worry, we have large white boards & smart boards too!) We're allowed to paint the chalkboards rather than cover them with paper, so that will be happening in the next couple weeks.  I can't wait to use paint to bring my classroom colors all together.  I know it will make such a difference.

B2S must haves: 1. Crayons. Always lots of crayons.  2. Mr. Sketch Scented Markers for creating awesome anchor charts. 3. So much printer ink to print all these amazing resources that I have found this summer & of course laminating pouches to make sure they last!


9 comments:

  1. I like the idea of painting your boards. That will help with having to put up paper or fabric. I am also a second grade teacher and your newest follower. I would love for you stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance.

    jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of other teachers at my school have painted theirs and it's so much easier than covering them. I can't wait to do mine! I'm off to visit your blog now... :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Jimmy Fallon especially when he raps with Justin Timberlake :)
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hooked after watching him have a sing off with John Krasinski!

      Delete
  3. I agree with the next few weeks to creep by ssssssslllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllyyyyyyyy! I want to be able to get everything done, relax, and enjoy it before all the FUN begins! I also like the idea of painting the boards. I might have to try that this year. Your blog is adorable!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer days!

      Delete
  4. I love Mr. Sketch! And I love the cute fonts you used :) :) So glad you can go at your own pace and enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! I'm your newest follower! I teach 2nd grade in Minnesota, and I'm doing chevron and polka dots this year too! You can visit my blog at www. topdogteaching.blogspot.com! ;)

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving: I am absolutely loving these summer days where I can wake up whenever I want and get moving at my own pace. My days have been filled with days by the pool, dinners & lunches with friends, and yes, some planning & creating, but it's all at my own pace. buy cushion covers online , ac comforter king size ,

    ReplyDelete

linking up with...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...